Tuesday, March 11, 2014




Cinnamon Coffee Cake
I certainly don’t consider myself a gourmet chef, but I think it is fun to share some of the “old-standbys” from our family. Occasionally I will share recipes on my blog that would really give you a “taste” of what it’s like around our house. (ha, ha, pun intended)

Here’s a recipe I started making almost fifteen years ago when I found myself desperate to make a fast “breakfast-y” dish for a “Payday Breakfast” at work, or a treat for a Sunday School class, or something for a brunch party. I love this recipe because I usually have all of the ingredients in my kitchen, and I don’t have to go to the store, and it is super yummy! It’s great served with coffee, juice, or milk, and some awesome fresh cut fruit or melon. Sometimes I even make it at home, and it is “Fouts Kid-Approved!”

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

¼ cup vegetable oil
1 egg
½ cup milk
1 ½  cups flour
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt

Mix all above ingredients together. Pour mixture into a greased 9x9 pan.

Topping:
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tblsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tblsp. melted butter

Sprinkle topping over batter.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment