Wednesday, December 11, 2013

     



It’s almost Christmas! I love this time of year, and I’ve been thinking about Mary, the mother of Jesus, for the past couple of days more than I’ve ever thought about her for some reason. One thing that keeps going over and over in my mind is this – Mary is a human delivering the King of Kings to the world – isn’t that exactly what we are all supposed to be?

We all have Mary built up in our minds as an untouchable, pristine, porcelain figurine of a person, but, of course, she was a normal, teenage girl. Have you ever thought that, as Christians, we are to be like Mary? Mary delivered Jesus to the world. Isn’t that one of our primary purposes as believers? To deliver Jesus to the world?

It’s my prayer that I can respond to the call to deliver Jesus the same way that Mary did. Mary responded by -

1.)             Saying “yes.” How many times am I guilty of saying “no” or “later” or “maybe when circumstances are better, when I’m not so busy I’ll tell them about you Jesus.” But not Mary. She just agreed.
2.)           Not being controlled by her fear. Obviously she was afraid, but she didn’t allow her fear to control her.
3.)           Receiving encouragement from a godly friend. The encouragement from Elizabeth was so valuable to Mary. Oh, how we so benefit from the encouragement from our godly friends!
4.)            She knew that she would have temporary pain, ridicule, persecution, discomfort, but she also knew the eternal rewards would far outweigh any temporary pain she would endure.

Lord, I pray that my words, actions, and attitudes would deliver JESUS to the people in my world!

Have a Merry Christmas! 
Love, 
Martha 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Martha. I pray you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I'm hoping "Santa" will give me a kindle for Christmas. If "he" does, the first thing I will download is your books! I value your friendship and encouragement & I hope you have an awesome Christmas!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete